Kids Walk to Cure Psoriasis
This fun, easy to implement program features an educational, in-school presentation about psoriasis, and the importance of accepting differences in others. Participating students collect donations from family and friends over a two-week period, then celebrate with a walk on campus.
Reduce bullying and teasing
A chronic disease such as psoriasis that affects physical appearance can be emotionally disabling. Kids Walk to Cure Psoriasis is designed to teach the importance of respecting differences.
Raise funds for your school
Your school receives 10 percent of the money raised—to be
used however you see fit. The remaining funds help the
National Psoriasis Foundation work toward a cure.
Raise psoriasis awareness
Psoriasis is the most common autoimmune disease in the U.S. From students and their families to teachers and staff, it’s a sure bet that someone involved with your school is affected by psoriasis.
Support for Kids Walk to Cure Psoriasis
The National Psoriasis Foundation will provide everything you need to put the Kids Walk to Cure Psoriasis program into action:
- Teaching materials to help students understand psoriasis and respect others’ differences
- Letters to parents and fliers to distribute to students
- Ideas for students on how to collect donations
- Collection envelopes and a return envelope for donations
- A banner and prizes to celebrate students’ accomplishments
- A check for 10 percent of funds collected will be returned to your school
Sign up today! or print out the Kids Walk Brochure and give it to your child's teacher or principal.
Questions: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 977.925.WALK (9255)